Forest Friends Baby Shower

Voilà the finished product! The table centerpieces were a collaborative effort from myself and my two co-hosts.  One made the topiaries and the other painted the birdhouses.  My contribution was the linens and the Kraft paper runner as well as the river rocks (from The Dollar Tree).
For the place settings, I made edible nests (for the DIY, click here) and little penant flags for the names.

The owl pops were made from an owl mold that I purchased at http://www.bakeitpretty.com/.
For the guest book, we thought it'd be fun to get a theme-related children's book and have guests sign inside of the cover.  What a great, useful keepsake!
For the official favors (guests wrapped up the owl pops and their edible nests as well), I made sugar cookies with chocolate ganache icing in the shapes of a squirrel and an acorn (yes, the cutters were from Bake It Pretty as well!).  I loved the forest friend scrapbook paper I found so I simply printed the message on it and matted it against the green to give more color.  The twine bow helped keep a more nature-like feel.
The banner hung from the mantle.

Here's a few shots of the delicious brunch foods and their presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing ideas and pictures. I will share these with my friend who is opening a party planning business in Amarillo. Can't wait to see more from Parties and Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the guest book! I always thought guest books were pointless, but that idea is both useful AND memorable. Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete